It can happen that you do not have sufficient free disk space on your WordPress hosting system anymore.
Due to that, your WordPress website starts to act weird in a way that it does not allow you to upload images or that you are not able to install new plugins or updates anymore.
This can also happen if you try to create a WordPress Staging site with WP Staging. After a while, the cloning process may interrupt and throws an Out of Disk Space error.
When this happens and WordPress has not enough free disk space to operate as usual you have several options to solve the lack of free disk space issue and to bring back your WordPress website to the normal state:
- Upgrade your hosting account to a bigger one with more storage space.
- Delete any unused staging sites. (Older ones).
- Do not create more than one staging site at the same time.
- Delete old backup files on your server which eats up a lot of space.
- Create a new clone and exclude old media folders like wp-content/uploads/2015, 2016 and so on.
These media folders are not necessarily needed on the staging site and this ensures that the used disk space is as low as possible.
If none of these suggestions resolves your WordPress disk space issue please open a support ticket.