If the staging site redirects to the live site when access it or you can not log in to the staging site try out the steps below:
- Activate Permalinks on the staging site
- Use absolute URL’s instead relative URL’s
- Disable security or login plugins on staging site
- Clone staging site to a subdomain instead subfolder
Use absolute URLs, instead of relative ones
Disable certain plugins on staging website
Create a new staging website and disable these plugins by excluding plugins from cloning:
- Security plugins like wordfence, iThemes security, Cerber, WP Spamshield, etc.
- Caching plugins like W3 Total, WP Rocket, etc.
- Language plugins like WPML, polylang
- Redirection / Login plugins
Clone to a Subdomain
If you are not able to solve the redirection issue you can your WordPress website to a subdomain and to another folder by using the custom target path and hostname option of wp staging pro:
Still cannot login?
If this also does not resolve the issue check out the wp-config.php of the staging site by using FTP.
If it contains URL of the live site change it to the URL of your staging site. E.g.
define('WP_SITEURL', 'www.domain.com'); define('WP_HOME', 'www.domain.com');
Change it to:
define('WP_SITEURL', 'www.domain.com/stagingsite'); define('WP_HOME', 'www.domain.com/stagingsite');
If this does not resolve the issue open a support ticket.